Why Should You join?
The benefits of the American Branch membership are identical those received through the Main Branch in Tokyo. These benefits include:
- Monthly issues of the Token Bijutsu (The Journal of Japanese Art Swords)
- English translations of the Token Bijutsu each month
- Translated articles and related materials on Kodogu twice yearly
- Discounts on Branch publications and semi-annual newsletters pertaining to Branch activities
- Reduced fees for submission of items for judgment and documentation of authenticity
- Convention every few years (additional fee applies to all)
- Admission to the sword and Kodogu lectures and Kantei (sword judging) sessions conducted at the Tampa, Florida, Chicago, Illinois, and San Francisco Sword Shows.
- The opportunity to view, and study in hand, examples of fine works from every period of Japanese Sword history.
- In addition, these conventions offer a superior method of education that no two-dimensional image can ever provide.
The President, Officers, and Directors of the American Branch of the NBTHK, invite you to apply for membership and advance your knowledge and understanding of this beautiful and precious art form.Become a Member